CompTIA® Security+® (SY0-601) is the primary course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, operations and Incident response, governance, Risk and compliance, protecting against attacks, threats and vulnerabilities in your organization. This course prepares you for the CompTIA Security+ certification. In this course, you will build on your knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601) certification, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today’s job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related role.
Upon completion of this Program, you will know how to:
- Correctly use fundamental security terminology, describe organizational security strategies, and identify the components of a security plan.
- Conduct risk assessments and plan vulnerability assessments.
- Explain common cryptographic techniques and standards, and identify public key infrastructure concepts.
- Describe common network attacks, and categorize traffic management devices like firewalls and packet filters.
- Identify network security devices, and apply monitoring and detection techniques.
- Apply transport encryption and harden networks.
- Explain authentication factors, and understand network authentication protocols.
- Compare access control models, apply file-level access control, and centrally manage account security.
- Recognize malware threats, protect data through its life cycle, and secure hosts and workstations.
- Protect mobile devices, embedded and specialized systems, and converged networks.
- Describe application attack techniques, and oversee secure development processes.
- Identify virtualization and cloud technologies, and secure them as part of the overall enterprise network.
- Identify social engineering techniques, practice organizational security through organizational policies, plan user training, and choose physical security controls.
- Plan for disaster through business continuity plans, fault tolerant systems, data backups, and incident response policies.
Computer and Information System Security (11.1003)
Eligible Certification Exam
CompTIA Security+ SY0-601